Thursday, September 29, 2011

Life...

This week feels never-ending! I'm beginning to realize how much stress is involved in being a varsity athlete along with the million other things in my life. It's my junior year, so classes are demanding, and I'm also in show choir, which is my real passion. Being on the cross country team certainly teaches me what hard work means, but it's almost becoming too much to balance that with show choir, homework, and sleep (which always ends up at the bottom of my priority list). The rest of the team is already tapering (running less at practice because its almost the end of their season), but varsity's workouts are as hard as ever. I get so jealous watching my friends walk away, done with the workout, while we are still working our butts off! Not to mention, I don't seem to be as motivated as the other girls on varsity; all they want in the world is to make it to state, but I would almost rather the season be over so that I can focus on school and show choir (and SLEEP!) These girls think about state night and day, and they would do anything to make it to that point. I know we are capable of it, but we are definitely not shoo-ins. It's gonna take even more hard work and focus for the next month, and I just hope I have it in me to give what it takes. And I hope it doesn't affect my efforts that I am missing show choir and possibly even all-important choreography days for this.
All I can say is I'm lucky to have the friends that I have. I was very upset and stressed out after our hard workout today, and one of my best friends, Kylie, noticed right away. She talked to me and motivated me and made me feel so much better almost instantly. She always knows the right things to say and she is just such a blessing and I appreciate every day how good of a friend she is to me, even when I'm not acting like my usually carefree, happy self.
C'est la vie, Carpe diem, blah blah blah other foreign words.

No comments:

Post a Comment