Monday, September 19, 2011

Close Reading

I chose to do my close reading on a Willy Wonka poster, as this is one of my all-time favorite movies.

What I Observe:
-Depth: varied, hierarchical, differentiating
-Color: vivid, contrasting, vibrant
-Expression: half-smiling, smiling, posed
-Use of Space: balanced, full

What I can Infer:
-Depth: superior, dignified, ancillary
-Color: whimsical, euphoric, effervescent
-Expression: benevolent, concealing, exuberant, wry
-Use of Space: crowded, surprising, unique

Claim:
The use of hierarchical depth, vibrant colors, varied expressions, and complete use of space in this movie poster for Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory augments the contrasts between the dignified, concealing Willy and the ancillary, exuberant attendees while presenting the whimsical story in a unique way.

1 comment: