Friday, October 14, 2011

Quarterly

This quarter, I have read more often than probably any other school-occupied time in my life. I like the fact that we get to choose the books we read; it makes me hate school reading less. Every time I am being forced to read a book, I tend to hate it and avoid it. My ety books, although required, are not forced so I can actually enjoy them. I usually read before I go to bed because it helps relax and I don't want to fall asleep during my math homework. I have taken an interest in the classics, but I am also focusing on classics because it will be beneficial for the SAT and the AP Lit test. The most challenging book I have read so far has been Wuthering Heights, because the text was somewhat challenging and the story was boring and confusing. I ended up finishing it, but it was one I had to force myself to read. I'm taking it a little easier now with Oliver Twist, which is mostly just a fun story and it's not challenging to comprehend. I plan on reading Jack Kerouac next, because his eccentricity interests me and I may want to do a project on him for AP Lit. My goal for this quarter is just to keep up with my reading and maybe do more than just the minimum requirement because I would actually like to get better and faster at reading and reading comprehension while enjoying my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment