Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Currently

Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens
Pages This Week: 104
Pages Last Week: 100
Total: 729

Kwotations of the Kwarter

1. I lingered round them, under that benign sky; watched the moths fluttering among the heath and hare-bells; listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass; and wondered how anyone could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth. ~Wuthering Heights
 
2. At about ten o'clock in the morning the sun threw a bright dust-laden bar through one of the side windows, and in and out of the beam flies shot like rushing stars. ~Of Mice and Men

3. He entered, vociferating oaths dreadful to hear, and caught me in the act of stowing his son away in the kitchen cupboard.  Wuthering Heights


My number one sentence of the quarter is from my least favorite book of the year! At least it was well-written I guess. The parallel structure makes it flow nicely, and it uses SEMICOLONS, which are my favorite punctuation mark! I also love personification of nature, but vivid imagery is, once again, the main reason I like this sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment