Thursday, August 25, 2011

Heaven is For Real

This book seriously gives me goosebumps. It's not exquisitely written, but the subject matter and point of view make it effective in not only convincing the reader that heaven exists, but also tugging at the reader's pathos. If I had not been in a class while reading the chapter about Colton's surgery, I probably would have cried. It is written in such a way that makes the book easy to relate to, as if this could happen to any family.
Also, the concept that a four-year-old boy could be teaching his pastor father about heaven is almost humorous. At the same time, however, the things this little boy says about heaven are chilling. He even goes so far as to tell his father that he may have died for a few minutes. How's that for a bit of parental shock?

1 comment:

  1. Okay I've heard a lot about this book and I kinda really wanna read it. It sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete