Friday, August 26, 2011

Currently

Heaven is for Real, Todd Burpo
Surviving the Extremes, Kenneth Kamler, M.D.

This Week: 107 pages
Last Week: 0 pages

Sentences of the Week:
1. Next, we stepped into a massive atrium, bursting with jungle leaves, vines tumbling down, brances climing toward the sky.

2. Asking me to sit down while I delivered the Sunday message was like asking an Italian to talk withough using his hands.

3 "Well, what did you do in heaven?" I ventured.
   "Homework."

The first sentence I chose was one that stood out to me when I first read it because the imagery was so strong. The sentence has so much motion and activity contained in it that I can see the busy, full, bright, beautiful atrium.

The next sentence just displays a bit of the author's sense of humor. He has a common sense of humor that I don't find particularly amusing, but this comment made me smile because it holds so true to my mom's big Italian family.

This last sentence is every teacher's dream response from a child. It took me by surprise that a preschooler would be doing homework in heaven, but I guess he's just telling it like it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment